Volunteer with us
We are always looking for new volunteers to join our team and there are many ways that you can help us. We appreciate whatever time you can give but would recommend that you get involved in a variety of different aspects of our work so you can get a good overview of what we do. We only ask that you commit to how much time you can spare – be that daily, weekly or monthly – and remember that we have to invest time and resources in training new volunteers and that we are just a small team. Ways you can help are as follows:
- Administrative support in the office.
- Help distribute and monitor collecting cans and Home Collecting Boxes.
- Help out with workshops (additional training required).
- Help maintain and promote our Woodland Haven room.
- Collect and collate feedback and help with evaluation.
- Appeal and mailing fulfilment.
- Event planning and organisation.
- Social media support.
- Design work.
- Website assistance.
- Help with Talks, Information and Awareness days.
- Any other skills or services you feel you could bring to the organisation.
We currently work in a variety of areas throughout Scotland so you can pick the area most convenient to you.
Our office is based in Ormiston, East Lothian, and can be easily reached by the 113 East Coast Buses service from Princes Street, Edinburgh.
We would love to welcome you into the Fostering Compassion family and we have a volunteer recruitment process made up of two stages. If you would like more information or would like to start the induction process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be delighted to welcome you.