We would like to thank the following individuals, businesses and organisations for their support of Fostering Compassion and for working hand-in-paw with us to make this special project a success:
- The Sweetpea Charitable Trust – for their generous grant and invaluable experience.
- Miles Kelly Children’s Books Publishers – for donating six copies of the 100 Bear Facts book in 2013 and 40 in 2014.
- Sandra Ovens – for her wonderful advice and guidance on working with Foster Children.
- Sheena Wilson – for her wonderful advice and guidance on working with Kinship Care Children.
- Five Sisters Zoo, West Lothian – for discounted admission to the bear sanctuary, and to Lynn McKechnie Knipe, Head Keeper, for making the children’s trips so enjoyable and informative.
- Links Veterinary Group and Lothian Canine Rehabilitation Centre, Haddington, East Lothian – for sponsoring the cost of a family trip to visit the Bear Sanctuary at Five Sisters Zoo and their wonderful support for the children’s veterinarian visits.
- Dogs Trust – for providing educational workshops and doggie fun and games!
- Fiona Ogg, Lead a Bright Future – for discounted Magic of Nature workshops and her advice and guidance.
- Scottish Book Trust – for providing funding for our Storytelling Workshops through their Live Literature Funding for Events programme.
- The University of Edinburgh, The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies – for voluntary support and workshops.
- The Winton Foundation for the Welfare of Bears – for their assistance and advice in relation to the visits to the Bear Sanctuary at the Five Sisters Zoo, West Calder.
- Holly’s Hugs – for the ‘Hollydays’ workshops.
- Fiona Newton – for designing our wonderful logo.
- Pete Haddow – for designing, building and maintaining our website.
- Jacqui du Rocher of JduR Photography – for her skilled and sensitive photography
- Kalitza Thomson, Rainbow Educational Resources – for the donation of educational materials and 12 Animal Hero books.
- Mr and Mrs McBeath – for sponsoring 3 ‘Hollydays’ workshops in 2014.
- Ruth Kirkpatrick, Stories Allways – for discounted Story Telling Workshops.
- Eric Melvin – for his contribution to the cost of our Story Telling Workshops.
- Veermans Pet Supplies, Tranent, East Lothian – for discounted treats and toys for the children’s ‘Hollydays’ goody boxes.
- Brenda Cattanach – for supplying the wooden ‘Holly’s Hugs’ stars as gifts for the children taking part in ‘Hollydays’.
- Cobblers of Melrose (Haddington Branch) – for providing empty shoeboxes for ‘Hollydays’.
- Cockenzie House & Gardens, East Lothian – for offering 50% discount on room hire for workshops.
- Littleover Apiaries – for their fabulous supply of jars of honey and honeycombs for the children to take as a present to the bears, Carmen, Suzy and Peggy at Five Sisters Zoo. The honey is a huge help in getting the bears to take their medicine!
- Canine Concern Scotland Trust – for providing Therapets for the children to meet.
- Musselburgh and Tranent Rotary Clubs – for their generous donations and sponsorship.
If any individual, business or organisation reading this would like to sponsor or contribute to any part of the cost of our projects, or any aspect of our work, please get in touch to discuss it with us further.